Appetizers occupy a curious place in the world of food. They set the tone for the rest of the meal as people are encouraged to pick at them lightly while continuing their conversations. There is no rule stating that appetizers must always reflect the meals that come after them, but it is a good idea to keep the progression of flavors in mind when selecting appetizer recipes. A garlicky or spicy appetizer may make it difficult for people to fully appreciate subtler flavors in the main dish. When people go to restaurants, they usually order appetizers and main courses according to their whims and without consideration for how the flavors will add up. Someone who is hosting a get-together and intends to provide food should put some real thought into the direction of his or her meal.
Of course, it is very easy to simply set out a few different appetizers and have those be the only snacks for the entire evening. If you take this route, be sure to choose a variety of foods. It would be best if most of the foods could be eaten without plates or utensils, but it is acceptable to have one or two dishes that require the use of a fork. One of must also be careful with chips and dips as people tend to hover over the serving bowls as they eat, creating congestion around the food table and pulling guests away from the planned activities. If you are set on serving chips and dips to your guests, try to place the bowls near seating areas instead of next to the rest of the food.
Sometimes, an appetizer is a tiny version of a full meal. Soup is a safe choice when feeding people with disparate tastes. Sandwiches are a fun choice for finger foods. The novelty of serving a small sandwich with a shot glass of soup for dipping distracts guests from noticing that the preparation was rather minimal. Fruit dipped in chocolate is another simple appetizer that looks impressive.
- Chicken Souvlaki SandwichAs a cooking enthusiast, nothing brings me more joy than preparing wholesome and healthy meals for my family. Today, I want to share with you a recipe that has become a fan favorite in our household – the Chicken Souvlaki Sandwich.
- Pork Pierogi RecipeIf you love pork, and you love soft and fluffy dumplings, pork pierogi is always going to be a winner. A mainstay of Polish cuisine since the 17th century at least, it is perhaps Poland’s answer to Japanese gyoza.
- Mini Taco PiesThese little guys are amazing for taking them away with you on a travel or just biting them at home while watching your favorite show and enjoying life. They combine two amazing properties that usually don’t go together. These Taco pies are very juicy and tender, but they also have a good rigid base that doesn’t make your hands very oily while eating
- Belarusian Kalduny – Potato Pancakes with meatMy husband loves these. Kalduny is a very simple dish in terms of ingredients – just potatoes, meat, some egg and onion – you’re pretty much ready to go. The only part that adds a little bit of difficulty is the need to grate the potatoes for proper texture.
- Tasty Qutab Snack with Herbs and CheeseThis is the perfect snack ever! Period. It is healthy, tasty, easy to make and the ingredients are very accessible for a regular American or European person! So don’t let the Uzbek name of this traditional Qutab patty scare you! You’ll have a blast cooking it and, most importantly, your family will love it!
- Homemade Traditional Korean KimchiNo one can deny that Korean cuisine is delicious. The spicy side dish, Homemade Traditional Korean Kimchi, is among my favorites. It has a delightful acidic and peppery flavor and is prepared with a wide range of fermented vegetables such as Napa cabbage (also known as baechu), carrots, ginger, garlic, red bell peppers, red chile peppers, green scallions, rice flour, and sugar.
- Smashed Potatoes with herbsSmashed potatoes (also knows as crushed potatoes) is a delicious potato side dish variation that is tastier than simple pure or boiled potatoes, but at the same time healthier and with less calories than regular fried potatoes.
- Amazing French Bread PizzaIf you do not have much time to bother with pizza dough, I have a great alternative to the usual pizza for you. This baguette pizza recipe was a godsend for me. Everything you need for this pizza is probably in your fridge.
- Arancini – a delicious Italian traditional treatArancini is a delicious traditional Italian treat that is perfect for special dinner occasions. The dish can be a bit challenging to make, but the end result is definitely worth the effort
- Homemade White BreadHomemade bread is not easy to make, as the process contains many nuances. Perfect bread takes a little practice, patience and a lot of free time. If your day is busy, it’s best to wait for a more convenient time to bake bread.
- Taftan Kabab RecipeTaftan kabab is one of the most delicious and fascinating meat recipes. It is very popular across the globe thanks to its appetizing taste and pleasant aroma. Taftan kababs can be served as tea time snacks or as a spicy item in your dinner menu. If you also want to try this scrumptious recipe, follow given below step-by-step instructions.
- Best Zucchini Bread RecipeGrate and finely chop the zucchini so you’re left with the strong essence of healthful zucchini!
- Fried Chicken Sandwich RecipeWho loves fried chicken as much as we do? Everybody! Enjoy this concoction with a spicy mayo & slaw.
- The Best Spanish Rice RecipeThis colorful & flavorful rice dish is a perfect compliment to meats and poultry! Plus, you can toss this spicy rice dish together in no time!
- Spiced Couscous and Chicken RecipeThis spiced couscous & chicken recipe is a take on an original Moroccan recipe. Enjoy as tapas or entree!
- Corn and Sweet Onion Quesadillas RecipeQuesadillas are very easy to make – try this corn & sweet onion quesadilla recipe and we’re sure you’ll love it!
- Spicy Potato Wedges RecipeQuick tip: Coconut oil, when heated, tends to remain stable and allows the outside of the potatoes to crisp up while leaving the inside of the potato wedge fluffy.
- Spicy Cheese Ball RecipeThis festive cheese ball is an excellent choice for parties any time of the year, but its zest and savor make it the perfect choice for a New Year’s party.
- Delicious Cranberry Quick Bread RecipeQuick breads are made using baking powder, baking soda or a combination of the two as the leavening, rather than yeast. Nothing smells quite as good as bread fresh from the oven. While baking using yeast bread recipes can be time-consuming and a little technical, quick breads are, as the name implies, quick and easy.