Spaghetti and Hillshire Farms Sausage RecipeCourse: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The two ingredients that make this burst of flavor possible are the inclusions of melted American cheese and slices of smoked sausage in lieu of ground beef or Italian sausage. Therefore, whether or not you prefer store-bought marinara sauce or a homemade tomato based concoction, the addition of American cheese and Hillshire Farms sausage will make all the difference in the world. Using sausages, particularly Italian sausage, is nothing new when it comes to this dish. However, the distinct taste of smoked sausage is sure to make your guests ask for seconds or even thirds. Of course, serving a freshly made garden salad with toasted garlic bread is still optional and, in fact, favorably enhances the meal. The next time you decide to make a spaghetti dinner for family friends, try this simple and easy to make recipe. The only thing to follow is an expectation of this becoming a cherished signature recipe.
One box of spaghetti
One jar of spaghetti sauce
One small can of tomato paste
One package (or one link) of smoked sausage, sliced
Black, Red or Cayenne Pepper
- Break pasta noodles into halves or into three parts.
- Bringing a large pot to boil, add noodles, one half teaspoon of salt and about two drops of olive oil so that the noodles won’t stick. Boil pasta noodles until tender.
- In a saucepan, brown slices of sausage. Stir in your favorite spaghetti sauce and tomato paste. The tomato paste helps to thicken the sauce and round out the tomato flavor.
- Add cheddar and continue to stir. Add salt and pepper (season to taste).
- Sprinkle in a dash of oregano, stir and lower heat and allow sauce to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and pour sauce mixture of spaghetti when serving. For extra goodness, try blending the pasta noodles along with the sauce and pour into baking casserole pan.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese if you desire more cheesiness. Turn the oven on to 180 C° (350 degrees F) and bake the spaghetti for approximately ten minutes.
- Wishing you a wonderful dining experience with this classic recipe, enjoy!