Hot and Spicy Chicken Pepper MasalaCourse: Chicken, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Spicy Chicken Pepper masala can be made a little less hot and spicy by reducing the pepper powder quantity. The dish looks attractive and is a great hit among family too. Try this recipe and surprise your family with exquisite treats.
Your hot and Spicy Chicken pepper masala is ready to serve with hot rice, chapathis, pulka, side dish for biryani, vegetable pulao too.
You can try variations in this recipe by adding potato, mushroom, paneer /cottage cheese. The vegans can exclude chicken and add the above vegetables and I’m sure you are going to try the vegan preparation.
Let’s move on to the recipe and understand the requirements.
Chicken : 500 g (1 lbs) (preferably use skinless and boneless chicken-thigh)
Green Ball pepper/ Capsicum: ½ cup (diced)
Onion : 1.5 cup (chopped)
Tomato: 1 cup (chopped)
Ginger: 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Garlic: 4 to 5 cloves (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
Pepper powder: 1.5 tsp (adjust to your taste)
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
Chili powder: ½ tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: ½ tsp
Garam Masala Powder: ¼ tsp
Fennel seeds / Saunf: ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves / Cilantro: 1 bunch (finely chopped)
Oil: 2 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Lime: ½ no
- Dice the chicken meat and add lemon juice or lime juice. Mix well to make sure that each piece of chicken is covered with juice
- Fry green peppers in a small amount of oil until golden brown. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Saute the garlic, ginger, curry leaves for one minute, don’t let the mixture turn brown
- Add the onion and fry until it becomes soft
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add spices and mix well
- Add chicken to mixed vegetables and sauté for 15 minutes
- Top with green pepper and parsley leaves
- Serve with basmati rice, this one will give you a real taste of Indian food!