Chicken Tetrazzini RecipeCourse: ChickenDifficulty: Easy
Delicious Exotic Chicken Recipe
If you are looking for a way to use up some leftover chicken, this delicious, easy-to-prepare dish is the answer. Even if you do not have leftover chicken on hand, you can easily substitute in a cooked rotisserie chicken and achieve the same results!
This satisfying chicken casserole dish is one that suits everyone sitting around your dinner table: the combination of pasta, chicken and a creamy filling accented by a crunchy cracker topping will prove to be a comfort dish you will return to time and time again. This dish can even be prepared ahead of time and stashed in your refrigerator until you are ready to cook it later that evening.
Since this chicken recipe can easily be prepared ahead of time, it travels well if you would like to take a casserole to a family meal or covered dish supper. This versatile dish is also a great way to say “welcome to the neighborhood” to a new family moving in next door or to offer comfort to friends who may be going through a rough patch.
Containing pasta as well as chicken, this dish can be accompanied by a nice green salad or whatever fresh vegetable is in season at the time. Top your dinner off with some crispy French bread, and your family will leave the table satisfied and happy!
30 g (1 oz) chopped parsley
1 medium diced onion
3 minced garlic cloves
250 g (9 oz) sliced champignons
75 g (2.6 oz) butter
3 tbsp white flour
240 ml (8.2 fl oz) chicken broth
1 tsp SALT
1 small pinch black pepper
1 cup milk
200 g (7.1 oz) grated mozzarella cheese
180 g (6.4 oz) fettuccine
- Saute onion and garlic in a third of butter for about 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms to the mixture and sauté until soft for about 5-7 minutes. Add salt, pepper. Set the mixture aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain the water and set aside.
- Take half of the remaining butter and saute the chicken on it until golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toast the flour in a dry frying pan until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the remaining butter to the flour and stir the mixture with a spatula until combined.
- Add the vegetable broth and milk to the skillet and simmer the mixture for about 2 minutes until it begins to thicken. Stir the mixture all the time with a whisk to avoid burning and lumps.
- As soon as the mixture begins to thicken, immediately add the mushrooms and chicken. Cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add half of the mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese starts to dissolve.
- Add pasta to skillet and stir until combined.
- Take a baking dish, place the pasta and chicken in it and sprinkle everything with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Put the dish in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes at 220 degrees C° (440 F).
- Sprinkle the dish with chopped parsley when it’s ready