Mexican Lime Icebox CakeCourse: Cake, Deserts, Mexican
This cake is not your traditional baked treat – it’s a no-bake wonder with a cookie base that’s as easy to whip up as it is delightful to devour.
This Mexican-inspired dessert is perfect for those days when you want to make something special without spending hours in the oven.
And who doesn’t like Mexican food? These foods are incredibly tasty but surprisingly easy to cook and the Mexican Lime Icebox Cake is no different.
The foundation of this cake is the Marie biscuit, which transforms into a delectable, crunchy layer once it soaks up the creamy filling.
These little biscuits magically transform into a cake-like delight when layered with zesty lime cream. It’s a delightful twist that not only simplifies the cooking process but also adds a dash of beautiful texture to the cake. Who knew biscuits could be so witty?
Trust me, it’s just as good as any cake layer you’ve ever tasted!
The creaminess in this cake comes from a divine mix of high-fat cream, sour cream, and condensed milk. These ingredients, while indulgent, also contribute a good dose of calcium and protein. But remember, moderation is key when it comes to enjoying such treats.
Now, let’s talk about the rockstar of the recipe – limes. The juice of two fresh limes goes into the cream mixture, giving the cake its characteristic tangy flavor that contrasts beautifully with the sweet condensed milk.
Lime isn’t just a flavor bomb; it’s packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, making this cake a tad bit healthier.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is its flexibility. It’s a perfect dessert for those hot summer days when you can’t bear to turn on the oven, as it chills in the refrigerator rather than baking.
It’s also a wonderful option if you’re hosting a gathering and need a make-ahead dessert. You can prepare it the night before, and it’ll be perfectly set and ready to serve the next day.
Ready for the best part? Even if you are a beginner or a kitchen-confident chef, you can master this simple Mexican Lime Icebox Cake with ease. It’s very simple to prepare even a novice baker won’t take long to cook up this delicious dessert.
Creating this Easy Mexican Lime Icebox Cake is like bringing a slice of Mexico right into my kitchen. You can also say adios to a dry, plain cake and hola to a creamy, zesty masterpiece. Trust me, it’s worth giving this recipe a shot!
It’s a beloved recipe in my household, and I’m sure it will be in yours too. Whether it’s for a family gathering or a quiet night in, this cake is sure to impress. So why not give it a try? Happy cooking!
200 ml (7 oz) 30% fat cream
400 g (14.3 oz) 25% fat sour cream
400 g (14.3 oz) condensed milk
Juice of 2 limes
200 g (7 oz) of Marie biscuit
1 lime zest
Powdered sugar (optional)
1 lime for garnishing
Cookie crumbs for decoration
- Using a large bowl, mix cream, sour cream, condensed milk and lime juice with a mixer. If you like sweeter cakes, add powdered sugar to taste.
- Take a springform tin and line the sides and bottom of the tin with parchment paper.
- Lubricate the walls and sides of the mold with a thin layer of cream.
- Lay cookies on top of a thin layer of cream.
- Then for a second layer of cream.
- Form a cookie layer again. This way you go forming layer after layer until you run out of ingredients. Decorate the top of the cake with lime zest and cookie crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but if you have time, put it overnight for better soaking and texture.
- Remove the cake from the mold, transfer to a plate and decorate with lime wedges on top right before serving.