Lemon ricotta pancakesCourse: Deserts, FeaturedDifficulty: Easy
Pancakes is a classic, but this recipe contains lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C (an antioxidant that helps to protect your body from free radicals and it’s important for your immune system). Also few people know it, but citric acid in lemons may lower risk of kidney stones.
Ricotta is a fresh, soft cheese made from whey, a by-product of cheese production. Ricotta is commonly used in Italian cuisine, but it is certainly a star in this pancakes recipe, which is not very much Italian 😉
Ricotta 1 cup (250 g – 9 oz)
Flour 1 cup (250 g – 9 oz)
Milk 1 cup (220 ml – 7.5 fl oz)
Lemon juice 1/4 cup (60 ml – 2 fl oz)
Lemon zest (1 tbsp)
Baking soda (1 tbsp)
Vanilla extract (1 tbsp)
Sugar 1/4 cup (50 g – 1.8 oz)
3 large eggs
Melted butter 15 g
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, mix with a whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl, use a mixer to combine the milk, ricotta and eggs.
- Combine previously made substances together
- Add lemon juice, butter and lemon zest, mix gently with a spatula.
- Heat the skillet for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Put two tablespoons of batter on a dry frying pan and form a pancake. Wait until it becomes dry around the edges, then turn it over to the other side and fry until golden brown. Do this with all remaining dough.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup or honey. Bon appetit!