Spaghetti with cherry tomato sauceCourse: Featured, Lunch, VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it also offers some impressive health benefits. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium and fiber. Garlic has been shown to have antibacterial and antifungal properties, while red pepper flakes contain capsaicin, a compound that can help boost metabolism and reduce inflammation.
Best of all, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare, making it a perfect weeknight dinner option for busy households. So, fire up the stove and treat yourself and your loved ones to this classic Italian dish tonight!
300 g (10 oz) Spaghetti
600 g (21.5 oz) Cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Salt, pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes 1 tbsp
Paprika 1 tbsp
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut each cherry tomato into two pieces.
- Add cherry tomatoes, olive oil, paprika, red pepper and garlic to skillet. Stir the mixture constantly until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- When the tomatoes are soft, take a large wooden spoon and crush the tomatoes until they release their juice. Continue stirring and crushing the remaining tomatoes.
- Remove skillet from heat, add chopped basil leaves. Salt, pepper to taste.
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the water.
- Add the pasta and half the Parmesan cheese to the cherry tomato mixture.
- Mix the paste well. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top. Garnish with basil leaves and enjoy!