The Most Delicious Pot Roast RecipeCourse: Veal
A pot roast, complete with vegetables, began as a staple of English fare. This dish is often the perfect Sunday lunch meal or a nice menu for a family get-together. Beef, potatoes and gravy are true comfort foods, especially in the cool months when you want a substantial meal.
This delicious recipe for pot roast takes a little over an hour and very little effort, and you will have a meal on the table fit for the company.
Beef chuck roast, about 1.5 kg (3 lbs)
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Seasoned salt and pepper, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
1 can beef broth (400 g – 14.5 ounces), or 2 bouillon cubes and 2 cups water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Add roast to pan and brown on all sides. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper and onion powder. Browning the roast brings great color and depth of flavor to your dish.
- Add beef broth or bouillon cubes dissolved in two cups of water, and the sliced onion. Cook the roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add carrots and potatoes. Boil for an additional 15 minutes
- Transfer the meat and potatoes to a serving dish. There are beautiful juices left in the pot to make a delicious gravy, if desired
- Everyone will rave about the tenderness of the pot roast and the thoroughly cooked veggies. Enjoy the moment. It can be your little secret that you produced a full meal with one pot and very little effort.