Incredible Bacon Maple CupcakesCourse: CupcakeDifficulty: Hard
If you’re looking for an incredible cupcake recipe that is unique enough to be the star of any occasion, look no further. This bacon maple cupcake recipe will be the perfect dessert choice for any event you’re planning. Everyone, even the skeptics, will fall in love with the taste of these bacon maple cupcakes.
They are easy to make, and the combination of sweet and salty together is what takes their flavor to the next level. You can also customize the bacon flavor by either reducing or adding more bacon pieces to your cupcakes.
To ensure that you produce the most awesome bacon maple cupcakes, make sure to use high-quality bacon with a good flavor. Applewood smoked bacon is a popular choice because it has a flavor that will beautifully complement, not compete with, the maple frosting. You’ll also notice that the maple frosting recipe included in this cupcake recipe contains a little baking soda. Putting a little baking soda in your frosting will help to keep the caramel from becoming grainy.
You’ll find that anyone who tries one of your decadent bacon maple cupcakes will beg you for more. Enjoy!
- Cupcake Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 foil baking cups
- Maple Frosting Ingredients
228 gr (8 oz) dark brown sugar
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1 3/4 teaspoons maple flavoring
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Bacon Topping
8 cooked bacon slices broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C° (350 degrees F). Put baking cups in your muffin pan, and then spray them with cooking spray.
- Preparing the cupcake batter: In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until it’s creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the milk to this mixture. Stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon batter into each baking cup until they’re two-thirds full. Bake your cupcakes for 15-18 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of each cupcake; if it pulls out clean, they’re done. Put your pan of cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
- Preparing the maple frosting: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, bring it to a boil and stir constantly. Stir in the evaporated milk, baking soda, and corn syrup. Bring it to a boil and stir occasionally.
- Remove the caramel mixture from the stove and let it cool. Put this caramel mixture in a medium bowl, and then add the powdered sugar. Beat it until it’s creamy. Stir in the maple flavoring.
- Frost each cupcake, and then top them with pieces of bacon.